Saturday, August 14, 2010

Garage Sale Saturday

I've never really been big on garage sales.  Other than the city-wide garage sale a couple months ago, I can't remember the last time I went to one.  Probably when I was a kid with my uncle.  I decided last night that Steven and I would hit a few up this morning, so I searched on Craigslist and wrote down a list of 10 addresses of people having sales today.  We ended up going to 5 or 6 and I was just amazed at the cool things we found!  I think I'll definitely be doing this more often.  So much fun for so little money!
 
Candelabra: $3

Patriotic Basket: 50 cents (Bought this with a Snow White puzzle, not pictured, which was also 50 cents)

Awesome ceramic jugs:  $12 for the large one, $3 for the small one. (The large one is destined for a makeover... stay tuned!)

Brand new shadow boxes: $2 for all three

Milk glass bud vases: $2!!!

Shoebox full of tiny Halloween ornaments: $2

Now for a look at their new, probably temporary, homes:

See my fabulous bottle cap coasters?  Bought at The Field Museum in Chicago... a little bit of a splurge, but totally worth it!  (Oh, and that's my brother Jamey in the picture)

Still need to get some candles...
These stone tealight holders were also bought at The Field Museum.

And my favorite... the milk glass vases.  Absolutely love them!

Total spent: $25
Happiness attained: Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment