Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sink Area

Ahhh, sorry I've been so MIA lately, but an extreme case of laziness set in and I'm just now getting over it.  I have approximately 10 half-finished projects and 10 half-started projects and I haven't felt motivated to do much of anything.  Plus I can't find my camera charger.  But I did snap a few pics before my camera died, so here ya go.

For the last few weeks, my sink area has been an source of frustration.  I just felt like it looked a mess all the time, plus I still had a Christmas snowman soap dispenser out.  It's spring people!


I found the milk glass soap dispenser at Target for $12.99 which I loooove.  It made a huge difference because I put my dish soap in it so the ugly soap bottle is banished beneath the sink only to resurfaced for refills.  That was as far as I'd gotten.  It was better but I still didn't love it.

Then I found two of these little crates at Goodwill.



Yes, only $1!

I spray painted one of them black, and voila!


I found the glass soap dispenser at Target as well for $17.99 (a bit of a splurge but I just loved it).  I switched the dish soap to it and put the hand soap in the milk glass one.  The ceramic dish to the right corrals my rings while I'm washing dishes.

I think it looks much neater and I love doing dishes now!  (Ha, if only a little black crate could make me love doing dishes.)

P.S. The other crate is in its natural state in my laundry closet holding dryer sheets.  Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment