Monday, March 7, 2011

Burlap, Book Page and Jute Bunting

I had a crafty urge one day and I thought, what better than to combine four of the most popular trends in the blogosphere now: burlap, book pages, jute, and bunting!  I had some leftover burlap from my table runner, an old book I was willing to rip up and some jute, so cost for this project = free!  I used my Cricut to cut the bookpages into pennant shapes, then I freehanded triangles out of burlap, hot glued it all together, and voila!

Okay, so I did this project a while back (note the Valentine's decor on the table), but I've been a really bad blogger lately!  Mostly it comes down to laziness.  I wish they had some kind of medication for it.  It's really a very debilitating disease.

Steven came home after I put this up and asked if we were having a party, but he just doesn't understand.  I forgive him.  I think it's cute and only took an hour or so, and most of that was spent loading book pages into the Cricut!

Love.

2 comments:

  1. love love love it!!

    right up my alley...my posts are full of typeset....& i adore this bunting....

    i usually am sewing the fabric kind...never thought of this as a lovely quick simple project- thanks!!

    melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! A great new take on the "bunting" fad!

    ReplyDelete