Sunday, January 16, 2011

Paint, wreath, and a new rug!

I've been a tad MIA... have you noticed?  I missed my blog-iversary and everything!  I started this blog one year ago on January 7th.  I should have done something monumental, but oh well.  There's always next year, right? :)

So this is what I've been up to the past week and a half:

I (finally) painted the baseboards in our guest bathroom!


Soooo much better, right?

I joined in the club and made a yarn wreath with book page accents!


The flowers are attached with velcro, in case I ever decide to change it, but I just looooove it the way it is for now.

And the most exciting thing EVER... we finally got a rug for our living room!  I spied it at Target, it was on sale, and I had a gift card... I couldn't pass it up!  Of course I had to do a little redecorating too.










Yes, we have had the materials to put the TV cords inside the wall for 3 years, but no, we have not gotten around to it yet.


There used to be a basket on this end of the couch because there wasn't room to have both of our end tables, but I got this little table from my mom and I just LOVE it here.  Now we have two end tables and it doesn't take up any more space than the basket did!  Also, the chenille throw is actually a darker red but is showing up really bright in all the photos.


Just so you know what it looked like before...

And now!


I think it's much cozier and feels more like a pulled together space.

Oh, and I got a bunch of twigs.

So that's pretty much what I've been up to for the last few days.  I have a full week left before I start work, so I'm hoping to get a few more things accomplished!  I'm thinking: paint the baseboards in the basement bath (whew, that's a tongue-twister), figure out a tablescape for the dining table (I've been stumped on winter accessories!), and do some crafting for b-day presents.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your living room. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your living room looks great!!!love the rug

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look. The old was kind of bare. I like the twigs too!

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa, that table from your mom with that knob is awesome! lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming over for a cozy life-time movie day soon. Nice and homey.

    ReplyDelete