Thursday, October 14, 2010

HomeGoods = My New Favorite Place

Yesterday, I took advantage of a random day off and made my first pilgrimage to HomeGoods.  Yes, you read that right, I had never been in a HomeGoods store before.  But I have a good reason - we don't have one near where I live in NC!  We have TJ Maxx and Marshall's, but no HomeGoods.  Well, I saw a HomeGoods commercial during The View (I guess those subliminal messages sometimes work) so I went to their Web site to see if there was one closeby.  Well whatdya know, but there's one just 20 minutes away.

I have had an obsession with lanterns the past few months, and I found two beautiful ones for $11 and $10, respectively.

Yes, I am planning on taking the tag off, in case you were wondering.

I got oh so excited when I saw this next item.  It was hidden behind a couple other mirrors but just screamed at me to get to it to see what it was all about.


A quatrefoil mirror!  OMG!  As most everyone is right now, I'm obsessed with quatrefoil!  It's been banged up a little bit so I got the manager to knock 5% off the price (a whopping $2, but better than nothing), and got it for $38.  Okay, a little pricey maybe, but it was $80 at the original retailer, so I keep telling myself that I got a bargain!  And this sucker is heavy, which means it's well-built, right?  The dark wood stain reminds me of the 70's, so I'm planning on giving it a nice new paint job (heirloom white, anyone?).  Now to figure out where to put it...

But I've decided something... I can't make a habit of going to HomeGoods or we'll end up in the poor house.  There are just so many treasures, I was overcome with an urge to take them all home, but alas, we are not yet millionaires.  Why can't I just invent the new Facebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment